New crowd, same tunes

Aliza Porter

Legacy hall welcome Jazz band on Sunday starting at 1 pm. “I think playing at a venue like this would be such an amazing experience,” senior Nicholas Hung said. “It will definitely be a once in a lifetime opportunity. I’m mainly just looking forward to being able to play the pieces that we’ve all been working hard on for such a big crowd.”

Yael Even, Staff Reporter

Jazz band swings into a new setting as they hit the stage at Legacy Hall on Sunday starting at 1 pm.

“So we have been performing and rehearsing several of our tunes throughout the year,” associate band director Zach Anderson said. “We’ve been adding on as we have been getting more comfortable with our songs. We are about seven or eight total tubes I believe, which is about an hour of music through that people can enjoy the live music, the social atmosphere, and the great food of course.”

Playing in front of a crowd isn’t new to senior Nick Hung, but performing at Legacy Hall is a whole new experience.

“I think playing at a venue like this would be such an amazing experience,” Hung said. “It will definitely be a once in a lifetime opportunity. I’m mainly just looking forward to being able to play the pieces that we’ve all been working hard on for such a big crowd.”

Senior Sid Sadhu is a fan of playing for big crowds, with Legacy Hall right up his alley.

“I’m looking forward to just playing music for people,” Sadhu said. “Being a musician I just love playing for a big crowd and I usually do this with my smaller ensemble called the JazzHeads. We do small events and gigs but to play with a big ensemble, it’ll be super cool and exciting. Playing at a large location is always fun because the crowd can really get into the music . When I played with the Jazz Band for America, I played for 2000 people and they all loved it and had so much respect and just really had an awesome time.”

In addition to the band performing, choir member senior Merlyn George is joining in on the song To Russia With Love song with senior Katie Love.

“We have been friends for such a long time and love singing with each other,” George said. “Also the band is amazing so i’m so excited they let us sing with them. I’m just going to try to have fun and savor these last few high school related experiences.”