AP exam registration ends Friday

Remi Williams

AP students take AP exams in May, however, the deadline to pay for fall courses is now. Students must pay through Online School Fees by Nov. 1.

Pratyush Pathak, WTV Staff Reporter

The deadline for AP exam registration is Friday, more than six months before the first exam on May 5 and months before last year’s deadline.

“The [College Board] has moved its new policy which is going to be interesting to observe,” AP Human Geography teacher Tim Johannes said. “It really depends on how the school decides to roll it out.”

Even though registration process is earlier than past years, College Board is giving students some extra time to make up their minds as the late registration period will be active Jan. 28 – Feb. 21. However, registering late will cost an additional $50, added on top of the $94 standard price.

“If you don’t know what you’re going to do in the future then you don’t really know what test to take,” sophomore Rachel Lee said. “It can be a hard decision to make, especially so quickly.”

Despite the early sign up, doing well on AP exams can pay off for students.

“If you take an AP exam and get a 3, 4, or 5 you can get college credit for that class,” counselor Ryan Kiefer said. “It’s also that this kind of rigorous exam is exactly what students will be taking when they get to college.