Redhawks aim for first tournament win in Tip Off Classic

The+girls+basketball+team+soars+into+their+first+district+game+against+Memorial+Warriors.+They+tip+off+at+The+Nest+at+6%3A30%2C+where+they+aim+to+secure+their+first+district+win.+

The girls’ basketball team soars into their first district game against Memorial Warriors. They tip off at The Nest at 6:30, where they aim to secure their first district win.

Catie Reeves, Sports Editor

Girls’ basketball shoots for its first tournament win of the 2019-2020 season as they open play in the Frisco ISD Tip Off Classic Thursday at 6:00 p.m. at Frisco High School against the Ryan Raiders.

“Early in the season you just want to play as many games as you can because its getting a baseline of who you are testing or anything like that for where your areas of emphasis, what you need to focus on, or where you need to get better,” head coach Ross Reedy said. “So for us we’re looking at some common things that you’ll see through a number of different opponents as far as on the defensive side and offensive side. It’s really just preparing our kids for the mentality of playing five games in three days because it can be a little taxi when you go over the course of an entire weekend especially in a tournament that is historically rich in talent.”

The Redhawks currently stand with a 1-1 record and hope their third game will add another win after beating Plano West victory earlier in the week.

“It’s super important because it helps us determine what we need to work on before the season starts,” junior Maya Jain said. “It gets us in a groove of playing together which is key.”