Dancing for the holidays

Jonathon Anderson, WTV Staff Reporter

Bringing an opportunity for smaller sections of the fine arts departments to showcase what they’ve been working on, the Winter Extravaganza takes place Wednesday and Thursday, both performances beginning at 7 p.m. 

Dance teacher Sarah Cadungug’s Dance 3 class is set to perform a dance number at the event.

“We’re gonna be doing a jazz dance but we’re doing a collaboration with the jazz band and so we met a couple of months ago and we picked out music and then we’ve started the choreography parts,” Cadungug said. “I’ve started choreographing with the class so they’ve learned their dance and so now we’re into the fine-tuning.”

Being the first performance that she’s directed on campus, Cadungug is excited for the opportunity to help with such a large event.

“So this is my first time here working at Liberty and so it’s my first time doing the Winter Extravaganza, but I have put on shows in the past,” she said. “But first time here, so I’m excited with what we’re doing with with Dance 3 and the choreography that they’re doing and the collaboration.”

It’s also the first time for junior Annelise Best, who is eager to perform at the Winter Extravaganza. 

“I’m really excited, it’ll be a lot of fun to get to perform with my friends, because I haven’t before,” Best said. “I love my friends, and I love Christmas so it’ll be fun.”