Frisco ISD’s 43rd elementary school pushed to 2022

Located+near+the+intersection+of+423+and+Rockhill%2C+Frisco+ISDs+newest+elementary+school+is+set+to+open+in+the+fall+of+2022.+Originally+opening+in+2021%2C+the+push+back+has+been+attributed+to+a+redesign+of+the+campus.+

Kyle Strickland

Located near the intersection of 423 and Rockhill, Frisco ISD’s newest elementary school is set to open in the fall of 2022. Originally opening in 2021, the push back has been attributed to a redesign of the campus.

Aaron Boehmer, Managing Editor

Located on FM 423 and Rockhill Parkway, Frisco ISD’s 43rd elementary school was set to open in the fall of 2021, but now has been pushed back to 2022

At a workshop on Tuesday, FISD deputy superintendent of business and operations Todd Fouche, attributed the move to a complete redesign of the campus.   

“We looked at what we wanted with a future-ready elementary school within the confines of an existing footprint,” Fouche said in a Community Impact article. “After our [board meeting] Tuesday night, some of us started talking and thought, ‘What would it look like if we wanted to push that elementary school out a year? What would be the ramifications of going through a big visioning process and rethinking it all together?’”

According to Fouche, student growth has surged in the northwestern side of the district, with the district projecting Newman and Miller to reach their 760 student capacity by fall 2021. The district closes elementary school enrollment at 820 students, with Phillips Elementary School designated as the overflow site should Newman and Miller max out. 

Construction on elementary school #43 is set to begin in the summer of 2021.

“Based on the discussion at the January Board workshop, we have slated the opening for 2022,” Todd Fouche, deputy superintendent of business and operations said in a Frisco ISD article. “We want to have a visioning process that includes the input of staff, students and the community.”