Springing into the second semester, StuCo hosts spring pep rally

One of many yearly traditions, the homecoming pep rally is Thursday during advisory.

Shreya Jagan, Staff Reporter

For the first time in the school’s history, there is a spring pep rally on Tuesday at 3:40 p.m. in The Nest. 

“With all our pep rally’s in the fall we wanted to do something for our spring sports,” Student Council president Emma Hancock said. “Basketball, soccer, and baseball, all those sports that don’t maybe get as much love in terms of pep rallies.”

The last pep rally was in November, and with weeks to go until spring break, students such as sophomore Michael Logan Schaefer feel it’s a good time for another one.   

“Personally, I’ve seen a lot of students that are more upset and tired,” Schaefer said. “Maybe we just need something to energize us a little bit and even if people don’t attend the pep rally, they need that break from the drudgery of everyday life.”

With the focus on many students geared towards school work, Tuesday’s pep rally is a chance for students to take part in something different.

“School emphasizes that the choices that you make now will affect your choices later,” sophomore Isra Mohammed said. “Because of this, people are so scared to not make bad choices now and ruin their future. I think the pep rally gives students the opportunity to take a breather and realize that school is more than just grades and tests.”