Students wear each other’s hearts on their sleeves

The+Parent+Teacher+Student+Associtation+wrote+the+names+of+every+student+on+campus+on+heart+post-it+notes+and+hung+them+on+posters+by+the+main+staircases.+%E2%80%9CBy+doing+a+schoolwide+activity+that+also+highlights+the+close+bonding+of+friendship%2C+we+thought+we+could+have+a+fun+event+for+everyone%2C%E2%80%9D+PTSA+Lead+Student+Advisor+Minuki+Medis+said.+

Minuki Medis

The Parent Teacher Student Associtation wrote the names of every student on campus on heart post-it notes and hung them on posters by the main staircases. “By doing a schoolwide activity that also highlights the close bonding of friendship, we thought we could have a fun event for everyone,” PTSA Lead Student Advisor Minuki Medis said.

Trisha Dasgupta and Ananda Ghoshal

As a special celebration for Valentine’s Day, the Parent Teacher Student Association provided the opportunity for students to show their love and appreciation for their peers by creating a heart wall in the rotunda with everyone’s names. Throughout the week students could visit the wall and take the heart of their friend, or someone they cared about, and either wear the heart, or hide it.                                                            

“By doing a schoolwide activity that also highlights the close bonding of friendship, we thought we could have a fun event for everyone,” PTSA Lead Student Advisor Minuki Medis said. “Plus, there’s a fun mystery aspect to it since you won’t always know who took your heart, but the important thing is knowing there is someone who cares about you.”

The wall allowed everyone to show their peers how much they value them.

“I really like the idea of the heart wall,” sophomore Sanjana Dandu said. “It makes everyone feel included, even those who aren’t dating anyone.”

Dandu believes that it is important to show love to all people on Valentine’s Day because the day is all about spreading love to everybody.

“It’s important to show your friends how much you love them,” Dandu said. “Valentine’s Day is about all types of love, not just necessarily romantic love.”

Incorporating all students, the wall helped make students feel involved in the celebration of the day.

“I think it’s very entertaining,” sophomore Aleeza Hussain said. “It’s a fun topic of conversation among many students and makes them feel included.”