Choir students give Secret Santa a Valentine’s flavor

Taking+a+page+from+a+Christmas+gift+exchange%2C+some+choir+students+took+part+in+a+Secret+Valentines+gift+exchange+on+Thursday%2C+Feb.+13%2C+2020.+The+idea+was+hatched+by+several+freshmen+as+something+to+do+for+with+their+classmates+on+a+day+choir+director+Toni+Ugolini+was+absent.+

Brooke Colombo

Taking a page from a Christmas gift exchange, some choir students took part in a Secret Valentine’s gift exchange on Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020. The idea was hatched by several freshmen as something to do for with their classmates on a day choir director Toni Ugolini was absent.

Rhea Advani, Guest Contributor

Taking the holiday tradition of Secret Santa and transforming it for February festivities, some choir members are holding a Secret Valentine’s during class Wednesday. 

“The choir officers thought it would be a fun way to celebrate the holiday,” choir teacher Toni Ugolini said. “We’re just trying to make everybody in the class feel included and like a family. And since I’m not going to be in class that day, I thought it would be a good idea for my students to do this.”

Freshman Brianna Loyd knows what kind of present she wants to give her secret Valentine. 

“I’m thinking about DIYing some of the gifts,” freshman Brianna Loyd said. “Then I’ll probably go and buy some of the supplies according to what the person I get wants.” 

Index cards will be placed in a jar or a hat, and the name pulled is the name of the person they will be gifting.

“I think I just want some candy or chocolates or something like that,” freshman Ria Parmar said. “Or cute little inexpensive things.”