Yearbooks available for pick-up

Contactless yearbook pick-up continues Friday with the classes of 2022 and 2023 being able to pick up their yearbook in front of the school from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Members of the classes of 2020 and 2021 that did not pick up their yearbooks on Tuesday, may do so Friday. Students who have not purchased a yearbook can still buy one at pick-up. Yearbooks will be $85, check only, written to Liberty High School with the student’s ID number.

Trisha Dasgupta, Editor-in-Chief

Contactless yearbook pick-up continues Friday with the classes of 2022 and 2023 being able to pick up their yearbook in front of the school from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.

Students must bring their Balfour receipt, student ID, and have their name and grade level visible through the car window. Members of the classes of 2020 and 2021 that did not pick up their yearbooks on Tuesday, may do so Friday. 

Earlier this year, multiple factories in Dallas County were forced to shut down to COVID-19 complications, leading to the delay in yearbook arrival.

Cars line up in front of the school as yearbooks are distributed on Tuesday. “Hosting a safe and contactless yearbook distribution was our biggest concern for this year due to the current circumstances, which is why we chose to go with the same method as demobilization,” yearbook Editor-in-Chief Alice Caid said. (Brian Higgins)

“Our factory that produces the book is located in Dallas County and due to COVID and the intensity of the pandemic in that area [many factories shut down],” yearbook marketer Pranavi Chavva said via text. “That’s what led to the factory temporarily closing down which led to the delay of the book.”

The delay didn’t stop the yearbook staff though, who kept finishing the book despite moving to online schooling for the last quarter of the 2019-2020 school year.  

“Ensuring that everyone receives their yearbook is always really important to us, so this year was no different,” yearbook Editor-in-Chief Alice Caid said via email. “The staff is always proud of all the work that we’ve put in when designing and completing our yearbook, so we always make sure that students receive their book as promised. Hosting a safe and contactless yearbook distribution was our biggest concern for this year due to the current circumstances, which is why we chose to go with the same method as demobilization.” 

Students who have not purchased a yearbook can still buy one at pick-up. Yearbooks will be $85, check only, written to Liberty High School with the student’s ID number.