Weekend sports recap

The boys  wrestling team captured its third straight Coyote Classic.

Courtesy Liberty Wrestling

The boys’ wrestling team captured its third straight Coyote Classic.

Arman Kafai, Lead Sports Reporter

It was a successful weekend for school sports, with all teams in action notching wins in their respective sports.

The action started Friday with the girls’ soccer team defeating Little Elm 6-0. Coming off of their first district loss, the girls bounced back in emphatic fashion, giving them three wins in their last four matches. Senior Madi Timmons and Hannah Anderson led the team, with each scoring two goals. The team is back in action Tuesday, hosting Wakeland.

The boys’ soccer team also defeated Little Elm 3-1. Seniors David Kwon, Tony Hernandez, and Mathew Lay all scored to give the Redhawks their 2nd district win of the season. The team is currently on a four game unbeaten streak, and travels to Wakeland on Tuesday to take on the first place team District 9-5A.

The girls’ wrestling team placed 2nd in the Coyote Classic. Sophomore Logan Mize and MIranda Tyler were champions of their weight class, while three others won silver, and two more won the bronze medals.

The boys’ wrestling team, fresh off its first State Dual championship, claimed the Coyote Classic title for a third straight time. Nine individuals placed in the finals, with four winning a championship.

The tennis team also was in action, starting its individual season at the Frisco High tournament. Amy Zhang and Shreyas Ajjarapu won 1st place in Mixed doubles B flight with Julia Hwang and Mallory Reed taking 2nd place in girls Doubles B flight.