FISD fine arts administrators earn TMEA awards

Deputy+Superintendent+of+Schools+Kenny+Chandler%2C+Chief+Academic+Officer+Dr.+Wes+Cunningham%2C+and+Chief+Student+Services+Officer+Erin+Miller+were+recognized+by+the+TMEA+for+their+work+in+leading+FISDs+fine+arts+programs.+

Isabella Santiago

Deputy Superintendent of Schools Kenny Chandler, Chief Academic Officer Dr. Wes Cunningham, and Chief Student Services Officer Erin Miller were recognized by the TMEA for their work in leading FISD’s fine arts programs.

Trisha Dasgupta, Editor-in-Chief

Three Frisco ISD administrators have been selected to receive the 2020-2021 Distinguished Administrators award from the Texas Music Educators Association.

Deputy Superintendent of Schools Kenny Chandler, Chief Academic Officer Dr. Wes Cunningham, and Chief Student Services Officer Erin Miller lead the District’s fine arts programming.

“I am honored to receive this recognition,” Chandler said in a FISD news release. “I am continually impressed by the camaraderie within the fine arts department and their emphasis on the learning process instead of the product in both visual and performing arts.”

The award is given to administrators who the TMEA feels have been most successful in facilitating quality music programs in schools, a task that was made much more difficult with the restrictions of the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Miller makes sure that fine arts education is at the forefront of every conversation while making sure that educational integrity is maintained,” FISD Managing Director of Fine Arts Pete Hazzard said in the news release. “Thanks to the value she places on artistic experiences for every child, students in Frisco ISD are experiencing the best possible scenario given the current circumstances.”