Looking for goals, soccer squares off against Wakeland

Troy Williams

Kicking it home, the Redhawks took on the Lone Star Rangers friday ending in dual 2-1 losses. While this means an end to the season for the girls’, the boys’ will advance to playoffs.

Remi Williams, Sports Editor

It’s another three game week for the Redhawks soccer program as the teams take on Wakeland High School in District 9-5A play Tuesday.

For the girls’ team, that means heading to Wakeland taking on the second place Wolverines at 5:30 p.m.

“This week our goal is to win,” senior Avery Jennings said. “Us seniors only have about four games left and I think I speak for all of us when I say we want to win and end our high school careers on a high note”. 

The boys’ team is seeking to do the same thing as they host one of the top teams in country according to Soccerwire.com starting at 7:00 p.m.

The Wolverines have only one district loss on the year, but the Redhawks are hoping to add another L to the total.  

Coming off a 0-0 draw with Frisco, the boys are hoping Monday’s practice will help them come out on top.

“We are trying to work on moving the ball around and moving it quicker,” senior Jonathan Siv said.