Current COVID protocols discussed in Monday school board meeting

Noah Servigon

The Board recognized various academic achievements, school resource officers, and campus future-readiness at the Monday meeting. Campus principal Stacey Whaling spoke at the meeting.

Trisha Dasgupta, Editor-in-Chief

Frisco ISD’s Board of Trustees met for the monthly school board meeting on Monday night at the FISD administration building, with dozens of parents and students in attendance, many of whom were there to voice concerns about the district’s current COVID-19 protocols. 

FISD’s Executive Director of Government & Legal Affairs, Daniel Stockton, gave clarifying remarks as to how each campus will be handling positive COVID-19 cases.

“We are requiring quarantine, or at least isolation, for those who have tested positive,” Stockton said to the board. “Students will be able to work with their campus to ensure that they are still receiving an education during the 10 day isolation period. We are going to be notifying all of the parents when there is a positive case on campus.”

Stockton also announced that the district will be bringing back the COVID-19 dashboard after requests from parents and faculty. 

“Last May we discussed not having a COVID-19 dashboard, but we are bringing back a modified version of that,” Stockton said. “It will list the number of cases on each campus that was reported to us and these are cases that were actually on campus during the 48-hour infectious period.”

In addition to discussions about COVID-19 policies, the board acted on two personnel recommendations, voting in Colivian Greene and Victoria Williams as the new principals to Lawler and Hunt Middle schools, respectively. 

The full agenda and board remarks can be found here.