YA author Ally Carter on campus Wednesday

YA author Ally Carter will be talking to students in the library Wednesday during second period. To attend, students need to have a ticket.

Rahmin Jawaid, Staff Reporter

Young-adult and adult fiction novelist Ally Carter will be visiting campus on Wednesday during second period to meet students and talk about her career as an author.

“Frisco ISD partners a lot with Barnes & Noble at Stonebriar Mall and they often will have authors that they share with the district,” librarian assistant Jennifer Haigh said. “She’s having a signing event for her new book and reached out to the district and Liberty was selected as one of the schools.”

Carter writes books pertaining to a variety of themes that appeal to teenagers and has two New York Times Best-Selling series, Gallagher Girls and Heist Society. Her recent book tour is to promote her newest novel, See How They Run, the second edition of the Embassy Row series.

“I think it’s a great thing for students to actually meet the author of books that they have read,” Haigh said. “She has several series that many kids have read starting even in elementary school so we have students familiar with her books.”

The library staff hopes to have a good turn out and encourages students to come with questions regarding Carter’s experiences in the writing industry. To attend the author visit, students can get tickets from their English teacher or at the library.

“Just hearing an author’s process for writing and their style of how they go about doing it is just very unique,” Haigh said. “It’s always great to meet the person that wrote the book you like.”