Band participates in annual marching band showcase

ABand+students+are+transition+from+an+ensemble+setting+to+focusing+on+the+upcoming+UIL+Solo+and+Ensemble+Contest+on+Feb.+12.+Although+nerve+raking+for+some%2C+this+opportunity+will+help+student+grow+into+better+musicians.+

ABand students are transition from an ensemble setting to focusing on the upcoming UIL Solo and Ensemble Contest on Feb. 12. Although nerve raking for some, this opportunity will help student grow into better musicians.

Trisha Dasgupta, Editor-in-Chief

All Frisco ISD high school bands will showcase their talents and work they’ve been putting in since summer in front of parents, family, friends and students, at The Star in Frisco from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. tonight as part of the Frisco ISD Marching Band Showcase.

“The showcase is where all the Frisco bands show off their shows, and Liberty goes first,” senior Julia Johnson said. “We play and there’s some judges, it’s not a competition or anything, but we get some feedback that we can use for our weekend competitions.”

After each performance, bands will get feedback on how to improve before future competitions.

“This year is a state year, so it’s really important that we get to hear this feedback right now,” Johnson said. “I do feel like we feel better about the show than in years past though.”

However, the showcase is more than just about the performances for senior Kelly Yin, who also thinks of it as a community event.

“I feel like a lot of us are excited to see a bunch of old friends we haven’t seen since middle school,” Yin said. “It’s fun to get out and see everyone as a band community, especially because usually we’re so stuck inside our own schools.”

Tickets are $5 for general admission and $7 for reserved seating. Tickets will be available at tickets.friscoisd.org and at the gate.