AP exam fee window opens

Sarah Philips

For students in AP classes and interested in taking the AP exams, the AP exams fee window is open and closes on Nov. 1. This is also the deadline to request a refund for students who choose not to take the exams.

Jordan Battey, Managing Editor

The AP Exam fee window for full year and fall semester classes is open, with the deadline falling on Nov. 1 for all Frisco ISD students. 

All exams will cost $96, with the exception of AP Seminar and AP Research Exams, which are $144. Students who apply for and qualify for free or reduced lunch will pay $15 for AP exams.

“There are a lot of benefits to taking AP tests,” CCMR (College, Career, and Military Readiness) counselor Heather Shields said. “One benefit is that it opens up additional opportunities for College Board recognitions and awards to add to your college applications, which could result in scholarship opportunities.”

Students can pay for AP Tests through Online School Fees by registering using their student ID, last name, and school. 

“A study shows that AP Exam takers have higher four-year graduation rates than non-AP Exam takers,” Shields said. “This is true regardless of AP Exam score earned.”