All-Region students orchestrate a final performance

Practicing+with+the+orchestra%2C+sophomore+Christine+Verzo+follows+the+music.+Orchestra+students+in+the+process+of+auditions+for+All-Region+choir+attended+a+recent+clinic+to+help+finalize+their+pieces.+

Sarah Boutouis

Practicing with the orchestra, sophomore Christine Verzo follows the music. Orchestra students in the process of auditions for All-Region choir attended a recent clinic to help finalize their pieces.

Vibha Immedisetty, Guest Contributor

The Region 24 orchestra clinic and concert on Saturday wrapped up the final stretch of many students’ audition process in order to place into one of these prestigious orchestras. 

“We are super excited to host the clinic and concert here,” assistant director Tyler Elvidge said. “We had both a lot of band and orchestra students make it into one of these organizations, and it’s wonderful to represent ourselves at our own school.”

For sophomore Hannah Lee, the clinic was a new experience for her, as it was one of the first she was able to experience in real life after the pandemic.

“It feels nice to finally be rehearsing with so many talented musicians and performing such challenging music. It’s a lot different than band class because we only have about 9 hours to put a difficult program together and perform it in front of so many people.”

However, this event was not only for rehearsing music. For sophomore Nicole Johnson, it was a chance to see old classmates from different high schools, along with meeting new people from around the district.

“It was definitely fun seeing everyone after the pandemic, as we don’t really have time to catch up anymore in real life,” Johnson said via text. “Everyone was super nice and overall it was just a super fun experience to have.”