Redhawks face the Titans on the field

Troy Williams

Heading to the field, the Redhawks girls’ and boys’ soccer teams head to the fields for a competition against the Titans. Both teams are coming off wins looking to continue their winning streak.

Haley Ward, Sports Reporter

Returning to the field after wins from both teams on Tuesday, Redhawks soccer is ready to face the Centennial Titans Friday in District 9-5A matchups.

The girls’ team is hitting the road Friday when they travel to Centennial High School and play at 5:30 p.m.

“Centennial is ranked eighth place, but I expect us to play hard and give our full efforts to win tonight’s game despite the rankings,” sophomore Piper Testa said. “We are currently working on growing together and creating better friendships within the team, as well as learning how we work best together on and off the field.”

The boys’ team hopes to continue their undefeated streak in District 9-5A when they take on the Titans at The Nest starting at 7:30 p.m. on Friday.

“For tonight’s game, well in Frisco, every game is extremely competitive,” head coach Evan McGee said. “So I expect it’s going to be a good game. We started the season strong so I’m expecting to continue carrying that momentum tonight and will not win.”