A loss and a tie at Toyota Stadium

Troy Williams

The girls’ soccer team retreated back to The Nest on Friday after a loss in the first round of playoffs to Frisco High School. “The girls played really well we executed our game plan really well, just didn’t come out for us, and sometimes that happens,” head coach Kyle Beggs said.

Haley Ward, Sports Reporter

The Redhawk soccer teams could not bring home a win against the Wakeland Wolverines on Tuesday at Toyota Stadium.

The girls could not hold off the Wolverines, losing 2-0 in a District 9-5A game.

“I thought we played to the best of our abilities,” junior Teagan Jaussi said. “We worked and played really hard, despite the unfortunate outcome that we ended with.”

The boys’ team walked away with a 1-1 draw against the Wolverines and kept their first place standing in District 9-5A, after senior Jack Bryan scored the final goal to tie the game. 

But despite the draw against the defending 5A state champion, Bryan wasn’t necessarily satisfied with the result. 

“I think it’s just that we’re the only undefeated team in the district and I just think we deserve to win more than they did,” Bryan said. “And tying this game really hurts us, but it keeps us in first.”