Soccer shoots through second round of season

Harley Classe

Girls’ and boys’ soccer move into their games Tuesday looking to continue round two of their district season. The athletes will take on the same competitors as before minus one team, the Heritage Coyotes.

Harley Classe, Sports Editor

1 and 0: two numbers Redhawk soccer has become fairly familiar with since their last game on Thursday against Lebanon Trail High School.

However, for the boys’ team, the digits come with a more positive feeling as they came out with a 1-0 victory over the Trailblazers while the girls fell short 1-0.

“It’s plain and simple,” junior Jack Clutter said. “We expected to win and that’s exactly what we did.”

Looking to continue their win streak, the boys will take on the Centennial Titans Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at Centennial High School.

Seeking out a victory as well to boost their 5-2-2 record, the girls’ team will have a chance at redemption when they take on the Titans Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. at the Nest.

“I feel that we played together,” junior McKenna Clerkin said. “We just need to make sure we’re communicating. Since we are facing a lot of injuries right now, we need to make sure to recover well and get healthy.”