End in sight, Redhawks take the field

Emily Vetvick

Redhawk soccer begins to close out their season with only two games left until the finish line. For several athletes, including senior Jack Bryan, this could be one of their final times taking the field as a team.

Haley Ward, Sports Reporter

Playoffs are on the line for Redhawks soccer when they take on the Reedy Lions Tuesday in District 9-5A matchups.

The girls’ team kicks off against the Lions at 5:30 p.m. at The Nest with the Redhawks tied for the 4th and final playoff spot with just two games remaining. 

“Our strengths are combinations and communication, and that should help us in this game,” sophomore Cate Butcher said. “We’re working on just releasing the ball quicker and having a picture in your head before you receive the ball.”

Hoping to come back from their first loss against Wakeland, the boys face the Lions at 7:30 p.m. at Reedy High School. 

“As a team, we’re working on set pieces and defending in the air,” assistant coach Kyle Parks said. “Although we played well overall, we can make some small adjustments to be even better.”