Harley Classe

Wingspan Staff

Junior Harley Classe is one of two candidates running for student council president. Voting starts Monday and ends Friday April 1st.

Alyssa Murphy, WTV Executive Producer

WHAT ARE YOUR GOALS AS STUDENT BODY PRESIDENT?

“Some of my goals as Student Body President are just further engaging the students of Liberty there are so many sports and fine arts clubs and other organizations that go unnoticed and my biggest goal is to just get feedback from all those clubs first before starting to take steps I have other plans like hosting meet and greets to meet leaders of other clubs just to see what they want to see from StuCo because my main goal is to get more involvement into other clubs that you don’t see involvement in or they go unnoticed so I think my biggest thing is I really want to get feedback from these other clubs and see what they’d like to see from us that way we can then put that plan into place one of the other things I thought of is definitely since there are so many students in stuco maybe assigning 1 or 2 students to a club or two that way they can once a month attend a meeting or something like that so that way we can see what the club has going on or what the sport has going on whatever it may be fine arts and that way we can really get to know the members of the club and get StuCo more involved in the student body.”

WHAT SETS YOU APART FROM YOUR OTHER CANDIDATE?

“So growing up I was always exposed to leaders with both my parents being really involved with the community that has really just given me a good example as to what a strong leader is someone who leads by example and encourages their peers rather than putting them down or just saying their going to do something and following through with it so just being around different leaders in my life has really been influential and I think I’ve definitely grown as a leader in that way which has made me stronger and more able to work with others.”

WHAT WOULD HELP YOU FOSTER SCHOOL SPIRIT?

“I think like what I said earlier, like getting more involvement and feedback from different organizations to see what they would like to see from us and definitely increasing spirit days. So leading by example means getting student involvement and make everyone as comfortable as possible so sending out forms seeing what kind of things student want to see as spirit themes that way kids are willing to dress up at football games and funding for that so that way we will be able to diversify our spirit and get more people involved and just getting people as comfortable as possible and I want to build as many relationships as I can so just doing it in that way to try and build school spirit to is going to be a big thing.”