Band heads to Bluebonnet Classical Music Festival Friday

Friday, the Redhawk band will head to San Antonio in order to take part in the Bluebonnet Classic Music Festival. Assistant director of bands Cecily Yoakam believes this will be a great opportunity for students to experience a different environment outside of Frisco. The group is set to make stops at Dave and Busters, Six Flags, as well as  Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels before heading home.

XLR8 TX

Friday, the Redhawk band will head to San Antonio in order to take part in the Bluebonnet Classic Music Festival. Assistant director of bands Cecily Yoakam believes this will be a great opportunity for students to experience a different environment outside of Frisco. The group is set to make stops at Dave and Busters, Six Flags, as well as Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels before heading home.

Grant Milleson, Staff Reporter

With their competitive UIL concert done, band students and directors are looking to hit a more relaxing note as they head to San Antonio on Friday to attend the Bluebonnet Classic Music Festival.

“It is a fun festival where students will get to perform at a high level and experience a different environment outside of Frisco and our usual performance spaces,” assistant director of bands Cecily Yoakam said. 

This is the first time since 2019, that a Spring Trip has been offered to students.

“I wanted to go on the trip two years ago but that got canceled, so I made sure I signed up this year,” senior Advaith Dinesh said. “I also didn’t go my freshman year so I haven’t been on a spring trip until now and it’s my senior year so I had to go on one trip before I graduate. I hope to make a lot of memories with my friends and just have a really fun time.”

The trip to San Antonio won’t be all work however. 

“On Saturday, we will spend all day at Six Flags Fiesta Texas before having a game night at Dave & Buster’s,” Yoakam said. “Then on Sunday, we will pack up and stop at Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels for some time at the water park before heading home late Sunday night.”

The trip is not only a way to show off their musical talent, but also a way to end the school year on a high note.

“To be honest, my friends pushed me to go on the spring trip,” senior Ritesh Ravi said. “But another reason is that my high school career is ending and I wanted to make more memories with the people around me that I spend my time with everyday making music. I hope to just bond with our band better and have a fun time in San Antonio while showing off our Liberty wings.”