Dual Credit classes back in session

Eva Soto

Sophomore and junior students took the PSAT on Wednesday, but this year the test looked a little different. Rather than the usual pen to paper, this year students took the test via a computer.

Maya Silberman, Managing Editor

Collin College Dual Credit classes are back in session starting Monday with juniors and seniors on campus taking courses such as English Composition, U.S. History, World Literature, Government and Economics.

“Dual Credit allows students to gain college credit at the same time as high school credit,” (S-Z) counselor Lanae Rainey said. “Students can take classes with Collin professors at LHS or Collin College, and Collin is also a super affordable way to gain basic credits.”

Along with college credit, Dual Credit classes can also provide students flexibility in their schedules and where they take classes with courses offered at zero hour, first period, third period and fourth period.

“I chose to take Dual Credit fourth period this year,” junior Eva Soto said. “I’m taking it on campus, but I really like that I had the option to take it at Collin or during zero hour. I think it makes Dual Credit a viable option for most students.”