Early AP exam registration ends Wednesday

Sarah Philips

AP exam registration will soon become $20 more expensive. Students can register for exams and pay $92 on MyPaymentsPlus before Wednesday at 4:31 p.m.

Sarah Philips, Editor-in-chief

With AP exam season just around the corner, early registration for Advanced Placement exams will close on Wednesday, taking away the opportunity to sign up for a cheaper cost.

“It’s cheaper,” Stefanie Mueller. “Bottom line is that it’s $92. Beyond tomorrow, then you start incurring other fees that come along with registration.”

After early registration is over, the fee will rise from $92 to $112. While the $20 difference may not seem monumental, with the school having high AP enrollment and many students taking multiple AP classes, the monetary difference can mean something in the long run, Mueller says.

“If in the long run you’re looking to save money, whether you’re going to Collin, or SMU, or Baylor, wherever you may be going,” Mueller said. “With the overall cost of taking credits versus paying for exams, of course we want you to be frugal.”

Students can sign up for AP exams on MyPaymentsPlus for $92 until 4:31 p.m. on Wednesday, upon which time the cost will increase $20. The cost will increase again on April 7 at 4:31 p.m., this time including another $55 fee, making the total $167 for each test.

“For us, we just want you to sign up,” Mueller said. “It doesn’t matter if it’s the first day or the last day. But for students, it is cheaper and that is what we are most concerned about, making sure that you guys have the opportunity to sign up for the tests that you want.”