Bringing school spirit, Student Council decorates for homecoming

Maya Silberman

As the Homecoming dance approaches, Student Council has decorated the halls for Homecoming week. For many students, the decorations brought back feelings of school spirit to start out to their Monday morning.

Caroline Caruso, Editor-In-Chief

Streamers, balloons, and class colors hit the halls Sunday evening as members of Student Council began decorating for homecoming week. The purpose of decorating was to put a spotlight on Saturday’s homecoming dance. 

“We thought it would be a good idea to put more spirit into advertising the homecoming dance,” Student Council president senior Anna Lyon said. “It also creates a more fun atmosphere leading up to the dance.”

In addition to StuCo, members of NHS and cheer were there to lend a helping hand and shorten the process.

“I liked having all the different organizations because it adds more to the intensity of our decorating,” Student Council sponsor Kandy Stevens said. “It also allows us to have more people willing to help out and take part in stuff.”

For many students, seeing the decorations upon walking into school brought cheer to their Monday morning. 

“I thought the decorations were genuinely amazing,” senior Jiya Surywanshi said. “After COVID, it’s been hard to get back into the spirit of things, but seeing the decor took my mind off of that. I have even been taking pictures every day next to something that was put up.”