Board of Trustees holds monthly meeting Monday

The+Board+of+Trustees+will+hold+their+monthly+meeting+Tuesday+at+6%3A30+p.m.+

Karina Grokhovskaya

The Board of Trustees will hold their monthly meeting Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.

Varun Saravanan, Executive Producer

Frisco ISD will be hosting its monthly school board meeting Monday at 6:30 p.m. at the Administration Building. One of the items on the agenda concerns that state’s legislative session that begins in January.

“The legislative year is always an exciting year, and we’re spending a lot of time right now with our community members and staff members,” Frisco ISD Superintendent Dr. Mike Waldrip. “We’ll also be talking to my Student Advisory Council about things that are important to them. Then, we’ll start to visit with the legislators about those things.”

One of the items the district is interested in is the continuation of the online learning opportunities provided for students.

“One of the things the legislature did in the last session was allow us to implement an online learning platform to serve the students in first class,” Waldrip said. “We’re hoping that they will allow that to continue, because I know online learning is not for everyone. It never has been. You know, a lot of students like to be right where they are right now in school and with their friends. Some students really do need that kind of learning as an option. We’re hoping, among other things, that that will be something that the legislature will see as important and allow us to continue to do that.”

The Board of Trustees is also expected to discuss district rezoning for the 2023-2024 school year.

The public portion of the meeting can be watched live online at Friscoisd.org.