Girls’ golf seeks improvement on the course

Courtesy of @Redhawksgolf

The Redhawks golf team travels to the Rockwall Golf and Athletic Club on Monday and Tuesday for the Region-II 5A Golf Tournament. “We would like to qualify for the state tournament, the top three teams go to state so its realistic for us to make that goal happen,” head coach Shannon Glidwell said.

Haley Ward, Sports Editor

Girls’ golf headed to Robson Ranch Golf Course on Oct 21. for the Argyle Lady Eagle Invitational where sophomore Abigail Lee earned the team a medal.

“Abigail Lee played as a lone medalist in the Argyle Lady Eagle Invitational, where she played very well,” head coach Shannon Glidwell said. “The course was quite difficult, and the conditions were very windy. Abigail played very well from tee to green, but her putting let her down and cost her some valuable strokes.”

Lee tied for 59th place among 105 players with a score of 88 on day one and 90 on day two for a total score of 178, but she still seeks improvement.

“The results I had were not satisfactory to me,” Lee said. “I could have made better decisions to reduce strokes, and my putting could have been better, but everything else was consistent. From the results from this event, I am geared more towards my precision around the green. But as a golfer, there is always something more to learn and improve on.”