Voting site on campus for midterm elections

Karina Grokhovskaya

Despite playing a crucial role in politics, participation among young voters ages 18-24 is the lowest of all age groups. Through building voting habits and eliminating the stigma surrounding voting, young voters will be able to voice their opinions through the voting process.

Varun Saravanan, Executive Producer

Students on campus have seen some changes around the school to accommodate the midterm elections. At a recent board meeting, the Board of Trustees discussed campus election sites. 

Certain schools in the district are designated as voting sites, and Liberty has been selected as one. However, unlike early voting which allows a person to vote at any precinct in their county, voters are bound to vote at their predetermined voting location on election day.

This information can be found on the voter registration certificate mailed to voters or by checking the election site of the county you live in. Voting booths are located outside of the auditorium, which has its own entrance for voters.

The polling booth is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., so traffic is expected to be higher.