Students take steps towards the limelight with on campus art gallery

Dev Sheth

AP Drawing students showcase their art through an on campus art gallery that will stay open until Friday during advisory in H102. AP drawing teacher Emily Delarios believes that this gallery project will help students to learn the importance of collaboration and communication.

Christine Han, Staff Reporter

AP Drawing students are putting their artwork in the limelight as they showcase their pieces in an art gallery on campus that stays open until Friday during advisory in H102.

“Our teacher came up with the idea for the art gallery initially,” sophomore Aparajitha Srinivasan said. “And she asked the class if we would like to do the gallery, and our class unanimously agreed that it would be a pretty good idea.”

Most of the work produced by students in the class isn’t seen by many people, but the students in AP Drawing are getting the experience of having their work seen on a bigger scale.

“Through the art gallery, I have been able to collaborate with people in my class and have gotten to admire their work while organizing an event together and seeing it come together,” junior Mauli Karapurkar said. “I hope other people are able to enjoy the artwork we’ve created, and choose to be more involved with the art department.”

The pieces in the gallery are also available for purchase.

“Some of the artwork featured in the gallery has been created throughout AP Drawing course, while other pieces have been created in previous years,” Karapurkar said. “And for any students interested in purchasing pieces, there is a log for their contact information so that they may get in touch with the artist.”

AP drawing teacher Emily Delarios believes that this gallery project will help students in many different aspects.

“I hope that even if they don’t become professional artists, they learn how to collaborate to work together and learn how to communicate and publicize their work,” Delarios said. “There’s a lot of future ready skills that this project could help them grow.”