Boys’ basketball set to face the Trail Blazers

Provided by Kaden Groom

The boys’ basketball team looks to gain their last district win when they face the Centennial Titans on Tuesday. The team is looking for a win to bring momentum heading into playoffs.

Vaughn Perez, Sports Reporter

Coming off a win against Emerson, the boys’ basketball team is suiting up for another District 10-5A game against Lebanon Trail High School, as the Redhawks host the Trail Blazers at the Nest Friday at 8.

“It’s a game that we should win, but we have to make sure we play to the level that we’re capable of if we really want to secure this win,” assistant coach Ben Manning said. “This will be another rematch, but we’ll prepare for them as if it was our first matchup against them and go through the motions for practice.”

The Redhawks (6-1) look to continue winning and secure the top  seed in District 10-5A.

“The main focus of the team stays the same with making sure we move the ball and playing solid defense,” senior Ty Stubblefield said. “The last couple of games we’ve sort of struggled with turnovers so it’s another thing that we’ve got to work on limiting in this game to give Lebanon the least chances to stay in the game.”