Soccer wrangles the Mavericks on the field

Troy Williams

The Redhawk soccer teams saw a tie and a win on Friday when they faced Emerson. They go on to face Lebanon Trail on Tuesday, where they hope to see more success on the field.

Haley Ward, Sports Editor

The Redhawks soccer teams battled the Emerson Mavericks on Friday, with the boys ending with a 1-1 draw and the girls winning 3-0.

“I really feel like we deserved to win considering the fact that we had possession of the ball basically the whole game,” senior Selim Yalcin said. “Something we did well with was that we didn’t give up. We were down 1-0 the whole game but were able to score towards the end of the game. And us as a team really need to work on taking our chances and taking more shots.”

The teams now look to face Lebanon Trail on Tuesday with the girls playing at 5:30 p.m. at The Nest and the boys playing at 7:00 p.m. at Lebanon Trail High School.

“We have been preparing by going over drills where we have some weaknesses so we could become stronger in those areas in preparation for our game,” senior Anna Lyon said. “We are expecting a win for tonight and we are excited to play Lebanon since we consider them a rival.”