Juniors take SAT Wednesday morning

Maya Silberman

Juniors will be taking the school administered SAT Wednesday morning. For those not taking the SAT, it is a regular school day.

Erika Pernis, Editor-In-Chief

Testing season begins Wednesday for juniors who will be taking the SAT during first and second periods, while all other students will have a normal school day.

The SAT is normally only administered on Saturdays and for some students, taking the test on Wednesday provides a unique opportunity. 

​​”It’s a good thing that a free day is offered in school because for people like myself who might’ve not been able to take the SAT on the previous Saturdays due to other activities like band,”  junior Yuktha Perneti said. “Having a day that I can take it in school reduces the stress of me having to find a free Saturday, and that too in the 3rd quarter.” 

Junior Adi Navarkar appreciates not having to give up time outside of school.

“I actually like the fact that it’s on a school day since one, I get to skip school, and two, I don’t have to give up my precious weekend time since I have a job,” Navarkar said. “And if I take the SAT on Saturday, that means I’m going to have to give up more time for my job and I’m just going to have to give up more time in my week in general.”

Having prepared for the SAT over the summer, Perneti hopes she won’t have to take another one after Wednesday.

“I feel like the nervousness will actually hit tomorrow morning,” Perneti said. “I’ve already done some prep things over the summer and taken the SAT in August so I feel like I know what to expect. I’m hoping that I’ll do well this time so I’ll be done with the SAT.”