BPA returns to campus after competing at State

Varun Saravanan

Students in the Business Professionals of America club got back from Dallas Sunday after competing at the State Leadership Conference for three days. Of the 21 state qualifiers, nine are moving on to nationals in anaheim at the end of April.

Erika Pernis and Varun Saravanan

Students in the Business Professionals of America club got back from Dallas Sunday after competing at the State Leadership Conference for three days.

“It’s a way for members in our chapter and other chapters to interact,” president senior Varun Saravanan said. “Yes, we all signed up for events, but there’s more to us than BPA. By the last day, regardless of who didn’t qualify, everyone was happy for the people that did make it. I didn’t move to nationals for my event, but I was rooting for a competitor I talked to before the competition, and I was super excited to see him win a medal on stage.”

Senior Eujin Chung competed in the Health Leadership Administration event.

“I created a ten-minute presentation about the advantages and disadvantages of adding more personalized care into clinical settings,” Chung said.

Of the 21 state qualifiers, nine are moving on to nationals in anaheim at the end of April.

“I ended up getting first in my event, which I was super grateful for,” Chung said. “I’m really happy with how the events went, but I’m more happy with how I got to meet a bunch of new people, both from our school and from schools all over Texas.”