AP classes wrap up content and begin review

Maya Silberman

With the year wrapping up AP exams are quickly approaching. Many AP classes on campus have stopped learning new content and began to review.

Sarayu Bongale, Staff Reporter

The joy of the end of the school year most often comes with the dread of AP tests that run from May 1-12.

“I’m going to study what I’m struggling on most currently which is AP World History for me but for my other classes I’m mostly set,” sophomore Reeyana Rahman said. “I’ll just focus on what’s the hardest for me and the topics I struggle on the most and then go from there.”

AP teachers such as Sarah Wiseman are providing intensive review materials for students to help them prepare for the test.

“One of the things I found out in college is that I didn’t know how to study so the big focus of my class is for students to learn how to identify what they need and build a study plan based off of that,” Wiseman said. “I’m really working with every student individually and conferencing with them every week and helping them be partnered with strategies and resources that will work for them.”

Students such as Rahman find this review helpful and believe it will adequately prepare them for the AP test.

“I’ve kind of forgotten what we’ve learned all school year so they’re covering all the content at a faster pace,” Rahman said. 

However, studying for multiple AP tests and taking the test can be taxing for some students.

“They have free-response questions on the AP test and those are really difficult because you have to really know the content,” sophomore Varun Kedia said. “It’s a lot of content you learn in usually a short period of time.”

Students’ efforts put into taking both the AP test and class can be rewarding for them in the end.

“The benefits of taking an AP test are, of course, getting college credit which can save you thousands of dollars,” Wiseman said. “You will also have practice with a final exam situation that is set at a rigorous college level that can prepare you for college where you will have midterm and college exams in pretty much all your classes.”