Softball continues down their path of victory

Michael Martin

It continues to be a memorable season for the Redhawks softball team, and Easter weekend did not fall short for the team. The team earned a well deserved win against the Centennial Titans on Thursday and the Independence Knights on Monday.

Zachary Moland, Sports Reporter

To the more than 2.6 million Christians and Catholics worldwide, the days leading up to and following Easter are a time to observe resurrection. 

So it’s fitting that even though they’re not all Christian, the Redhawks softball team (6-5) came out of a losing streak with more vengeance than Arnold Schwarzenegger, beating the Centennial Titans (0-9) 19-0 on Thursday and defeating the Independence Knights (3-7) 11-9 on Monday.

“The bats came alive when we needed them to and the defense held it down to keep us in it,” head coach Baylea Higgs said. “[I am] extremely proud of this team for the fight they showed, being down early and still finding a way to win over good [teams].”

It is not lost on sophomore Madison Terry that these wins are contributing to one of the Redhaawks’ best seasons, and she knows exactly where she wants to take the team.

“History is being made,” Terry said. “See y’all in the playoffs.”