District meet underway for track and field

Michael Martin

Racing into the end of their season, track heads to the District 10-5A meet. They compete on Wednesday and Thursday, when they aim for top finishes to qualify for Area.

Haley Ward, Sports Editor

Redhawks track and field races into the District 10-5A meet on Wednesday and Thursday at the Little Elm ISD Athletic Complex where the team is seeking to advance as many athletes as possible to the Area meet on April 21.

“I’ve been mostly just working on my form and making sure I’m staying well rested and prepared,” junior Emory Williams said. “I’ve been doing my best at practice to improve in any way I can and making sure I’m doing a lot of recovery as well. My goals for this meet are to just qualify and get a new personal record. I’m just taking it one meet at a time and it all starts with this one.”

The team has been preparing for this meet all season, and sophomore Cayley Beaumont is hoping to earn a personal record.

“I have been preparing by getting rest and not trying to be on my feet too much,” Beaumont said. “I’m also icing everything that has been hurting lately and just mentally preparing myself for the next 2 days and my goals for the meet to beat my past personal records and make it to the final round or area or regionals.”