Annual NHS inductions take place Friday

Varun Saravanan

National Honor Society applications for rising juniors and seniors are open now, but the deadline is quickly approaching. Prospective members must complete the application, including answering questions and getting teacher recommendations, by Friday at 4:30 p.m.

Erika Pernis, Editor-In-Chief

National Honor Society is holding its annual induction ceremony Friday at 5:30 p.m. in the auditorium.

“Induction is an NHS tradition and we believe it’d be important to celebrate our new members and all of their accomplishments that they’ve achieved to get to where they are today,” NHS president, senior Athena Tseng said. “I think that induction is a really exciting time that new members can learn about the values that we are and really just celebrate their accomplishments.”

NHS provides students with community volunteer opportunities, and sophomore Terry Shin is looking forward to this greater outreach with different parts of the community.

“I’m just excited to get the certificate because it makes me an official member of NHS,” Shin said. “It officially allows me to have access to all the opportunities NHS provides.”

For sophomore Ashvita Suresh Kumar, becoming a member of NHS means becoming apart of a group of people who have a shared interest in wanting to benefit their communities. 

“I’m looking forward to becoming a member of NHS because it provides a space where everyone is willing to volunteer and add to the community,” Kumar said. “I’m excited about getting inducted into the NHS community and getting to know each other

NHS faculty sponsor Joseph Delarios is looking forward to the special ceremony dedicated to recognizing the accomplishments of students.

“Induction provides me with an excitement to be able to recognize our incoming members,” Delarios said. “But also a time for friends and families to share in the experience as well.”