Biology and U.S. History EOC tests administered Wednesday

Liberty High School was one of 9 FISD schools awarded recognition on College Board’s AP Honor Roll.

Maya Silberman, Managing Editor

Putting their knowledge to the test, freshmen and juniors will be taking the Biology and U.S. History EOC tests Wednesday morning.

“I’ll be taking the US History EOC on Wednesday,” junior Mauli Karapurkar said. “I’ve been watching videos and stuff like that reviewing content to prepare.”

For students taking the US History EOC, much of the content overlaps with AP U.S. History content.

“I haven’t done a lot of studying just for the EOC,” Karapurkar said. “My main focus is the AP test over the EOC, and I’m just hoping that the content I need to know for that will cover everything for the EOC.”

Along with juniors testing, freshmen are taking the Biology EOC.

“I’ve been preparing for a few days by going over my weaker units as well as making study guides for my friends and I to use and look over,” freshman Isha Bang said. “I’m just thinking about doing my best and not falling asleep while taking it.”

Both tests will be given in the new online format. For some students, this is an advantage.

“I like the online format because it seems less wasteful,” Karapurkar said. “It also seems like it will save time because they don’t have to pass stuff out and spend all of the time filling in different information on the scantrons.”

Other students feel as though the online format is a disadvantage.

“I don’t love it because I have to bring a computer, not just a pencil,” junior Zoe Langford. “I feel like there’s a lot of risk with it, with wifi not always being stable and technology malfunctions.”

All students who are not taking an EOC or other AP tests have late arrival at 12:45 p.m.