Senior sunset closes final chapter of senior year

Maya Silberman

Closing out the final chapter of senior year, PTSA is hosting a senior sunset on Wednesday for the class of 2023. The event will take place at the Frisco Rail Yard from 6 – 9 p.m.

Rachel Kim, Staff Reporter

With the school year coming to an end, PTSA is hosting a senior sunset on Wednesday for the class of 2023 to celebrate the last few days of high school.

The event will take place at the Frisco Rail Yard from 6 – 9 p.m., and students will have the opportunity to enjoy an evening of food, games, prizes, and volleyball while watching the sunset. 

“[So], I missed senior sunrise and wanted to hang out with my friends, especially some I might not see for a while,” senior Piper Dickson said. “I [also] think it’s just a fun way to end senior year, with the games provided, and spend time with your friends before leaving.”

Similarly, senior Scott McCord is looking forward to ending the year off with games and volleyball, especially with his friends. 

“I am looking forward to senior sunset because it is one of the last events that I can hang out with all my friends before college,” McCord said. “I am [also] looking forward to the sand volleyball provided and playing games.”

The event brings an end to a chapter of senior Anna Lyon’s life before she starts a new one.

“Senior sunset signifies to me how we all started at the same place together and are ending it together,” Lyon said. “I like how we have a sunrise and sunset as a senior class as it shows the start and the end of the year together right before graduation”