• Advisory is closed for the final three weeks of school

Wingspan’s Featured Athlete for 4/18 is tennis player, sophomore Anya Krishna (second from the left).
Featured Athlete: Vivianne Haggard
Ale Gonzalez, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing tennis? Haggard:...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 4/4 is varsity track and field athlete, sophomore Cecelia Rowe.
Featured Athlete: Cecelia Rowe
Zachary Moland, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start participating...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 3/28 is varsity baseball player, sophomore Nick Smith.
Featured Athlete: Nick Smith
Lilian Johnson, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing baseball? Smith:”I...

View All
May 1 Daily Update
May 1 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • May 1, 2024

WTV's Joaquin Perez brings today's news and announcements, including dual credit, the APES wetlands project, and AP world history.

Get involved on campus, club applications now open

Sankeertana Malakapalli
Applications to create a club on campus are open on Friday for the 2023-24 school year. To start a club students must find a teacher to be a club sponsor, complete the club interest form, and meet with assistant principal Victoria Tong upon approval of the club.

Nearly three weeks after school has started, it’s time for clubs to kick off their 2023-24 school year, with applications opening Friday. 

To start a club, students must complete three crucial steps: find a teacher to be a club sponsor, complete the club interest form, and meet with assistant principal Victoria Tong upon approval of the club.

In order to prepare for all the clubs starting back up, Student Council is setting up a club wall for clubs to post flyers.

“The club wall is a place where students who have created clubs can share information about their club such as, how to join, when and where they meet, and what their club is about,” Student Council president, senior Haley Ward said. “We have had a club wall for several years now, and it just serves as a great way for students to find out about clubs.”

The goal of the club wall is to make it easy for both students starting clubs to advertise their club and for other students to find clubs to join.

“We put up a club wall because clubs are a huge part of what makes campus a place where everyone feels like they belong to something they are passionate about,” Ward said. “We want to give students a place to find these clubs that could be so beneficial to their high school journey!”

Some students have used this opportunity to start clubs on important societal issues that they want to bring attention to.

“I want to start a club because there are some issues in our school and in society today that aren’t really talked about, and I feel like you can bring more awareness to them and help solve them,” sophomore Samriddhi Parashar said.

Starting a club is one thing, but there can be a heavy work load as there plans to make and officer meetings to be held. 

“Some steps that go into preparing for the beginning of the school year are reaching out to potential delegates, making Instagram posts, advertising the club, and asking teachers to talk about it,” Model UN Parliamentarian, sophomore Jiya Sharma said. “We had an officer meeting and discussed logistics and marketing.”

For Ward, the start of clubs is an opportunity to re-immerse themselves in their passions, help others find where they belong, too, and expand their boundaries.

“It is so important to get involved in high school, because it makes your time on campus so much more enjoyable,” Ward said. “Students can find things they are passionate about and meet people with shared interests. Pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and joining a club is one of the best things to do in high school!”