• Frisco ISD Board of Trustees monthly meeting is Dec. 11 at 6:30 p.m.
  • There will be no advisory period Dec. 18-21
  • Frisco ISD Cheer Showcase Dec. 7
  • Winter Break is Dec. 22-Jan. 9

Saturday marks the district meet for Model UN at Grand Prairie High School. “The basis of MUN is that you’re preparing something about your country’s stance on a certain topic - it’s a mock United Nations,” undersecretary of conference and delegate trainer sophomore Jiya Sharma said.
District meet on Saturday for Model UN
Nidhi Thomas, Staff Reporter

The road to state begins Saturday as Redhawks in Model...

After years of practice, sophomore Mason Classe landed her long dreamed role in the Nutcracker: the Sugar Plum Fairy.
Dancer's 13-year journey crescendos to the lead role
Olivia Pulley, Staff Reporter

She has spent 13 years preparing for this opportunity. In...

December 8 Daily Update
December 8 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • December 8, 2023

WTV's Joaquin Perez brings you today's news and announcements, including a biology lab, the AP drop window, and today's sports.

Advanced and AP Drop Window closes Thursday

The+drop+window+for+AP+and+advanced+classes+closes+on+Thursday+at+4%3A30+p.m.+When+you+are+dropping+an+AP+class%2C+make+sure+that+you+understand+why+you+are+dropping%2C%E2%80%9D+AP+U.S.+History+teacher+Whitney+Schell+said.+
Provided by Sherry Hu
The drop window for AP and advanced classes closes on Thursday at 4:30 p.m. “When you are dropping an AP class, make sure that you understand why you are dropping,” AP U.S. History teacher Whitney Schell said.

The window for dropping AP and advanced closes on Thursday at 4:30 p.m., with drop forms available online on the Counselor’s Corner Website.

Just six weeks into the school year, AP U.S. History teacher Whitney Schell advises students to think through their reasons for dropping advanced or AP classes thoroughly. 

“When you are dropping an AP class, make sure that you understand why you are dropping,” Schell said. “If it’s that you just started the class and maybe you are having some difficulty transitioning in or maybe understanding the content, ensure that you have done everything that your teacher has put in place for you.”

In senior Haasini Busireddy’s case, she did not feel prepared for AP Calculus after taking an on level prerequisite.

“I also feel like I made a pretty big jump from on level precalculus to AP calculus,” Busireddy said. “Because of that, I feel like I do not have all of the stuff I need to know to do very well.”

Another reason for some students dropping an advanced or AP class: the difference in a core subject from one year to the next.

That was the case for freshman Mari Vanacour when it came to her math class. 

“So I was really good at algebra, and algebra and geometry don’t really relate, so I thought I’d be good at geometry,” she said. “But I wasn’t and I’m not doing so good in that class so I’m going to drop down to on level, so I can go a little bit of a slower pace and probably get better grades.”