• The 2024-25 school year begins Aug. 12
  • Wingspan is on summer break until August

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 5/9 is varsity football player, sophomore Connor Johnson.
Featured Athlete: Connor Johnson
Neta Even, Guest Contributor

Wingspan: What position do you play in football? Johnson:...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 5/2 is varsity baseball player, sophomore Nathan Wixon.
Featured Athlete: Nathan Wixon
Neta Even, Guest Contributer

Wingspan: What is your favorite part about playing...

Wingspan’s Featured Athlete for 4/18 is tennis player, sophomore Anya Krishna (second from the left).
Featured Athlete: Vivianne Haggard
Ale Gonzalez, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing tennis? Haggard:...

View All
May 17 Daily Update
May 17 Daily Update
Karina Grokhovskaya, WTV Executive Producer • May 17, 2024

WTV's Ryan Shapiro, Karina Grokhovskaya, and Sadie Johnson bring you a few last words

The Fresh Perspective: fun things to do while bored in class

Lea Garcia-Salazar
In this weekly blog, The Fresh Perspective, staff reporter Lea Garcia-Salazar talks about school opinions.

With grades due Tuesday for underclassmen and AP tests behind many, the remaining week might seem boring and pointless to most. But don’t worry! I’ve made a list of entertaining activities for fun with those last lingering moments of the school year. 

Online Jigsaw Puzzles 

A great way to pass the time in class is to unwind to some online jigsaw puzzles. Not only does it help exercise your brain, but they’re also incredibly convenient. Unlike traditional puzzles that require dedicated space and pieces can easily be lost, online puzzles allow you to save your progress with just a click. This means you can pause and pick up right where you left off, making it perfect for any free time. 

Sudoku Online 

This classic puzzle game both makes your mind stronger and adds just a tiny bit of challenge to your day. When I’m bored in class or have some free time, playing and completing a Sudoku puzzle brings me an unmatched sense of pride. 

Wordle

Join the Wordle craze that seems to be taking over campus by putting your word skills to the test. This addictive word puzzle game challenges you to guess a five-letter word within six attempts. It’s quick, it’s fun, and it is guaranteed to make your time in class fly by as you try to find the perfect word. 

Connections 

Play another game that has taken our campus by storm: Connections. Play the New York Times game and look at a grid of 16 words. From these words, pick four words that have a connection to each other. Sit back and watch as your creativity and imagination run wild. 

Online Crossword Puzzles 

Have some fun solving crossword puzzles. Not only are they a fun way to pass the time—they’re also a way to sharpen your vocabulary and critical thinking skills. Whenever you feel bored, just load up the fun game at your fingertips and dive into a new challenge. 

Bring some cards

If your teacher allows it, bring some traditional cards. Playing cards is a timeless way to pass the time, whether you’re into memory games, solitaire, or a good old-fashioned game of Go Fish. Not only are they compact and easy to take with you, but they also offer endless entertainment possibilities with friends. 

As the school year comes to an end, make sure to beat classroom boredom with any of these fun activities.