April 25 Daily Update
April 25 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • April 25, 2024

WTV's Karina Grokhovskaya brings you today's news and announcements, including the Red Rhythm spring show, a physics project, and this week's...

Love, Haley: fall fashion is back

Haley Ward
In this weekly blog, senior Haley Ward shares a little bit of everything: deep dives on her favorite topics, her fashion favorites, and how to make the most out of your high school years.

Among the many great things the cooler weather brings is fall fashion. Fall is the best time of year for picking an outfit. It is not freezing to where you have to bundle up, at least in Texas, but it is also not so hot like spring and summer. It’s that time of year again where I pull out my leggings and jackets, so I thought I would share my fall clothing favorites with you.

Puffer Jackets!

Puffer jackets may just be my favorite thing to wear. While the weather may not be puffer-ready for a few weeks, I love wearing them even when a light jacket could do. My all time favorites are the Aritzia Super Puff Shorty in Birch and the Alo Aspen Love Puffer Jacket. They are such great quality! While these two options are on the pricier side, there are tons of Amazon finds that perform just as well that I love! Puffer jackets are so timeless, and you can reuse them year after year.

Ultra Mini UGGs

The Classic Ultra Mini UGGs really came to popularity last fall season when everyone wanted back on the UGG train. Last year they were sold out for so much of the season, but they are now back in stock! My personal favorite color is the classic Chestnut, but they have so many to choose from. UGGs are so versatile throughout the whole fall season.

Flare Leggings

Flare leggings have been pretty popular for the past years, and I love wearing them when the weather cools down. They can be paired with shoes from tennis shoes to UGG boots, plus they are so comfortable. They are the best pants to wear to school!

Ruffle and Puff Sleeve Sweaters

Maybe I am just a ruffle girl, but lately, I have been obsessed with ruffle sweaters. They can be worn to so many events during the holiday season, like Thanksgiving dinner. I find a lot of sweaters boring… but the ruffles just add so much. I think they are the perfect amount of classy and fun. Same with the puff sleeves on a sweater, they add so much dimension to the sweater and give it a whole elevated look.

Shearling Jacket

I do not personally own a shearling jacket, but they are also such pretty jackets for events like Thanksgiving, and I would love to get one. They look so classic, they are not flashy, but they still draw attention.

Pullovers

Pullover fleece jackets are one of the few things that get me through my morning class at school when it’s chilly outside. They are so easy to just throw on, and they keep me so warm! My favorite ones are the ones I found in The North Face and Aritzia

Those are just a few of my favorite things to wear this fall, but remember to wear what you feel the best in! Hopefully, you enjoyed my little tips for this week!

As always,

Love, Haley