Campus Connections: Eliane Cook

Many new staff members are on campus for the 2023-24 school year, and in Campus Connections, Wingspan introduces you to the newest Redhawks.
Campus Connections takes a look at some of the newest staff members on campus.
Maddie Owens

Eliane Cook is a new teacher on campus who is originally from Panama City Beach, Florida. Cook  grew up in Frisco and attended Heritage High School where her favorite subject was chemistry. From there, she attended Florida State University. Wingspan sat down with Cook to find out more about her. 

Wingspan: What made you want to start teaching?

Cook: “So I am actually a registered dietitian and whenever i studied to be a dietician I decided to substitute in Frisco ISD because I grew up in FISD as a student, so I subbed through my internship and then as a dietician I worked in one and one counseling and also did a group counseling, my favorite clients were teenagers and so I wanted to combine the two, I realized I really liked subbing and I really like working with adolescents to.”

Wingspan: What is your favorite part of teaching on campus and why?

Eliane Cook grew up in Frisco, and she is back in the school district a chemistry teacher. Wingspan sat down with Cook to find out more about her. ( Reyna Gannamani)

Cook: “I favorite thing seeing some of my students involved in other activities, so when ever we had the pep rally like I was almost crying  because I saw some of my students like making an announcement,  who were in band, or anywhere out on the basketball court, I was just very excited to see them in the gym.”

Wingspan: If you could give advice to anyone what would it be?

Cook: “Ooooooooh is this like a philosophy type question, but anyways it would be, not everything has to be perfect, you will learn along the way.”

Wingspan: What is your favorite unit in chemistry?

Cook: “My favorite unit is the hardest unit of chemistry.”

Wingspan: How has your first year been?

Cook: “My first year has been great so far! I have the best science team to support me, and I genuinely enjoy all of my classes.”

Wingspan: How would you describe your teaching style?

Cook: “My teaching style is always changing as I get to know both myself and the students in the classroom. I would say firm but kind? At least, that is my ultimate goal.”

Wingspan: What is your dream vacation and why?

Cook: “My dream vacation would probably be like a cabin in the mountains because I am from the beach, so I can experience something different.”

Wingspan: Do you have any pets if so how old are they and what type?

Cook: “Yesss, I have a 4-year-old Golden Retriever and his name is pronounced like “lay-o” and he actually only understands spanish.”

Wingspan: What is your favorite type of shoe brand and clothing brand?

Cook: “Shoe brand is probably Nkes most consistently and for clothing brands I like Loft and I can always get something on Target.”