Taking the title of Grand Champions at Saturdays contest at Independence High School, Red Rhythm is hosting a free contest showoff performance Tuesday in the main gym starting at 5:30 p.m.
Community event allows Red Rhythm to show off Tuesday
Lexi Holding, WTV Staff Reporter

Fresh off a Grand Champion performance Saturday at...

February 27 Daily Update
February 27 Daily Update
Karina Grokhovskaya, WTV Executive Producer

WTV's Karina Grokhovskaya brings you today's news and...

February 27 Daily Update
February 27 Daily Update
Karina Grokhovskaya, WTV Executive Producer • February 27, 2024

WTV's Karina Grokhovskaya brings you today's news and announcements, including an academic decathlon recap, GT Humanities speech project, and...

Frisco ISD releases new courses for 2024-25 school year

Christina Huang
Campus provides students with several advanced math courses, but some students have enrolled in Calculus 3 at Collin College. Calculus 3 builds on topics from Calculus BC, but the course will also introduce new and more advanced topics.

With a few weeks still left in the first semester of the 2023-24 school year, students across the district are beginning to fill out course cards for the 2024-25 school year, with Frisco ISD offering several new courses including AP Pre-Calculus and Professional Standards of Agribusiness. 

“Course requests are used by the district to make decisions that affect teacher hires and the building of a campus’ master schedule, so the process must start early in order to prepare,” counselor Kelli Chandler said. “Classes may be closed due to low student interest. If there is a class that a student really wants to take, we encourage him or her to include it on the student course request.”

The up-and-coming 2024-25 courses include:

Pharmacology:

• Expands reach beyond the pharmacology dual credit course with this non-dual credit offering
  • Allows students to study how natural and chemical agents affect body systems
  • To close out the course, students take a pharmacy technician certification

Practicum in Floriculture and Horticulture

• Unpaid or paid capstone experience for students interested in floriculture or horticulture
  • Supervised experience ranges from employment to internships
  • Offered at the CTE Center

Professional Standards of Agribusiness

• Focuses on leadership, communication, and problem solving in agribusiness
  • Helps keep agriculture students under one umbrella throughout high school
  • Satisfies agriculture course requirement for students interested in participating in agriculture or FFA, and also satisfied speech requirement

AP Precalculus

• Prepares students for college level math and science courses
  • Replacing Advanced Precalculus, and has a 6.0 weight for GPA