March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements...

The Weekly: spring fashion

March 1 Daily Update
March 1 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • March 1, 2024

WTV's Neta Even brings you today's news and announcements including FISD's job fair, NHS applications and this week's edition of Real Talk.

Liberty recognized on AP School Honor Roll

Frisco ISD is a leader in Texas for student achievements.

And to add another one to the list, the AP School Honor Roll is a new distinction created by College Board to honor schools whose AP programs are seeing good test results while delivering greater access to students. 

According to College Board, the program takes a look at how many students take an AP exam, how many students score a 3 or higher on at least one AP exam, and how many AP exams a student takes while in high school.

“I do think its just a school culture that we have here,” AP Literature teacher Beth Evans said. “We have really bright students that really have big goals after high school, and because of that, we have a lot of AP kids.”

9 FISD schools, including Liberty, are being recognized with a gold ranking.

For principal Stacey Whaling, it starts with teacher planning. 

“Teachers work so hard to come up with engaging lessons and to come up with just a curriculum experience that is beneficial for kids and helps them achieve lots of different levels of success across the campus,” principal Stacey Whaling. “So I definitely think it validates that work, which is amazing”

Schools that earn the AP school honor roll distinction are also eligible for the AP access award, which recognizes schools that demonstrate a clear commitment to equitable access to advanced coursework. 

The only two schools in FISD to receive this distinction are Wakeland and Reedy