• April 26 is a bad weather make-up day (if needed)
  • Prom tickets are on sale, and the dance is on April 13

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 4/4 is varsity track and field athlete, sophomore Cecelia Rowe.
Featured Athlete: Cecelia Rowe
Zachary Moland, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start participating...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 3/28 is varsity baseball player, sophomore Nick Smith.
Featured Athlete: Nick Smith
Lilian Johnson, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing baseball? Smith:”I...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 3/21 is varsity girls’ golfer, sophomore Olivia Murphy.
Featured Athlete: Olivia Murphy
Zachary Moland, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing golf? Murphy:...

View All
Upcoming Games
Liberty
Memorial
Apr 16 /7:30 / Baseball
Liberty
Lebanon Trail
Apr 17 /6:30 / Softball
Liberty
did not qualify
Region II-5A Tournament
Apr 17 / Girls Golf
Liberty
Memorial
Apr 19 /7:30 / Baseball
Liberty
Regional 2-5A Championships
Apr 19 / Track and Field
Liberty
Centennial
Apr 23 /7:30 / Baseball
Liberty
Centennial
Apr 25 /7:30 / Baseball
April 16 Daily Update
April 16 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • April 16, 2024

WTV's Karina Grokhovskaya brings you today's news and announcements including battle of the books, Red Rhythm Spring Show, and today's sports.

Juniors are set to take the SAT Wednesday morning

All freshmen, sophomores and seniors have later arrival at 12:15 p.m.
Maya Silberman
Results from the March 6 SAT are now available. The test was administered virtually, adding a new aspect to the test taking process.

Juniors are taking the SAT on Wednesday; an email was sent out last week with students’ testing room numbers and other testing info. Seniors, sophomores, and freshmen will have late arrival and will be required to check into their second period class at 12:15 p.m. In addition, both Tuesday and Wednesday will be B days. 

“SAT is super important for scholarships and getting more college opportunities,” junior Elle Monohan said. “While non-testing schools are becoming more popular, good SAT scores open doors for so many things.”

Juniors Annecy Scheuler and Jeremy Jessop agree.

“You can feel prepared for future tests in college,” Schueler said. “Also, you can see how well you are doing with different subjects.”

“Good SAT scores help you get into better colleges and get better jobs in the future,” Jessop said. “It also looks good when applying for scholarships and stuff like that.”

For some students, the test on Wednesday is a culmination of an extensive time spent studying.

“I have an SAT Prep Book, and I study it during the week,” Schueler said. “I limit myself to one hour each night.” 

The College Board and Khan Academy websites also have multiple practice tests available for juniors looking for a last-minute study session.

“Khan Academy is great for SAT prep so I usually do lots of practice there and sometimes practice exams to see where I’m at,” Monohan said.

In addition to the other changes revolving around SAT this week, the SAT will be digital for the first time ever.

“I think it’s going to be better online,” Jessop said. “That way you can flag questions and I just feel like it will be less of a hassle than the paper version. I’ve also heard that we get built-in calculators, which will be super helpful.”

Additional details about the digital SAT, test taking information, double B day schedule, and late arrival can be found on the Frisco ISD website and the Campus Connection newsletter.