• April 26 is a bad weather make-up day (if needed)
  • Prom tickets are on sale, and the dance is on April 13

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 4/4 is varsity track and field athlete, sophomore Cecelia Rowe.
Featured Athlete: Cecelia Rowe
Zachary Moland, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start participating...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 3/28 is varsity baseball player, sophomore Nick Smith.
Featured Athlete: Nick Smith
Lilian Johnson, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing baseball? Smith:”I...

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 3/21 is varsity girls’ golfer, sophomore Olivia Murphy.
Featured Athlete: Olivia Murphy
Zachary Moland, Sports Reporter

Wingspan: When and why did you start playing golf? Murphy:...

View All
Upcoming Games
Liberty
Memorial
Apr 16 /7:30 / Baseball
Liberty
Lebanon Trail
Apr 17 /6:30 / Softball
Liberty
did not qualify
Region II-5A Tournament
Apr 17 / Girls Golf
Liberty
Memorial
Apr 19 /7:30 / Baseball
Liberty
Regional 2-5A Championships
Apr 19 / Track and Field
Liberty
Centennial
Apr 23 /7:30 / Baseball
Liberty
Centennial
Apr 25 /7:30 / Baseball
April 16 Daily Update
April 16 Daily Update
Joaquin Perez, WTV Producer • April 16, 2024

WTV's Karina Grokhovskaya brings you today's news and announcements including battle of the books, Red Rhythm Spring Show, and today's sports.

Dual Credit students learn principles of the government

Students+in+Dual+Credit+government+are+connecting+the+classroom+to+real-life+situations.+With+the+presidential+election+coming+up+in+the+fall%2C+students+in+government+are+learning+the+ropes+of+elections.+
Christina Huang
Students in Dual Credit government are connecting the classroom to real-life situations. With the presidential election coming up in the fall, students in government are learning the ropes of elections.

Students in Dual Credit government classes are learning the fundamental principles of government and its relationship to this year’s election.

“We’re going to be looking at current events that are going on and comparing them to things that we’ve already learned,” Dual Credit Dawna Tyson. “For example through the civil rights movement, anything that takes seems relevant like also going over voting and voting suppression and how that’s continued to be a problem within our system”

Students learn about all aspects of how the government works from the branches that make up the federal government to the election process. 

“It’s just an interesting class in general and a lot of the stuff about specific laws and civil rights is important because of understanding the government and why it is the way it is,” senior Joshua Whitson said.