• Advisory is closed for the final three weeks of school
  • The start time for Friday's baseball playoff game against Lone Star at Independence is now 6 p.m.

Wingspan’s featured athlete for 5/2 is varsity baseball player, sophomore Nathan Wixon.
Featured Athlete: Nathan Wixon
Neta Even, Guest Contributer

Wingspan: What is your favorite part about playing...

May 3 Daily Update
May 3 Daily Update
Lauren Pratt, Producer • May 3, 2024

WTV's Joaquin Perez brings you today's news and announcements including senior grades, school board election, and this week's edition of Real...

Dungeons and Dragons is more than a ‘nerd’ game

Photo by Clint Bustrillos on Unsplash
Although Dungeons and Dragons (DnD), a fantasy board game, is usually associated with being ‘nerdy,’ Guest Gontributer Marlow Crater finds that this game can be a creative, imaginative game for anyone to play. DnD is great for connecting and working together as you fight against challenges and obstacles.

There are many board games out there, such as Sorry, Monopoly, Life, etc. But, have you ever wanted to play a game where you can make your own character to your heart’s desire? Basically, do whatever you want in the game and go on crazy adventures with friends?

Dungeons and Dragons (DnD) allows you to do just that! It is an extremely popular fantasy board game where you can use teamwork to choose your own adventures and make many discoveries. Often classified as a game just for “nerds,” there are many reasons why it’s amazing and fun for everyone.

DnD is a great way for people to express their creativity and cooperation to work through the story that the Dungeon Master, who is also known as the lead storyteller, referee, and game organizer. It may seem complicated at first, but as you start to play and learn more, you can really start to get into the zone.

The players have to work together and choose different pathways to get through the stories and challenges that the Dungeon Master sets up for you. There are endless options to choose from when it comes to DnD, which is what makes it so energetic and fun.

DnD allows you to basically feel like you’re inside the game, or the little world that is sitting right in front of you. You get to feel like you’ve truly become your character and just explore all the different areas and treasures around you.

And what if you feel like being in charge of the story? The Dungeon Master can also be a fun role because you get to choose the story and challenge the players. You get to tell the story while the characters carry it.

DnD can not only help you express your creativity but also help you connect with the people around you. I really like how you can use your wit and your character’s abilities to fight through the challenges and obstacles along the way.

DnD is great for using your imagination and building strong characters and bonds with your party. I recommend trying it at least once, because I promise you won’t regret it! Get a bunch of your friends and family together and start rolling the dice!